NexImmune is seeking a research and/or clinical Laboratory Technologist with a firm understanding of molecular biology, immunology and cell culture techniques, and a solid foundation in the underlying science, gained from professional experience.
Major responsibilities include:
- Participates in the design of experiments and analyzes data. Works independently and manages daily research projects. The laboratory technologist will assist the principal investigator in the development and coordination of projects, experimentation, data collection/maintenance, and organization of the laboratory. Runs laboratory tests and completes measurements as assigned. Identifies and resolves problems and uses analytical and decision making skills to implement assigned projects.
- Follows established procedures and protocols, utilizes appropriate technique to develop, perform and analyze laboratory tests and/or experiments.
- Experience with laboratory procedures such as FACS, ELISA, HPLC, affinity chromatography, SDS-PAGE is highly desirable.
- Creates and harvests primary cell cultures from blood and/or tissue specimens. Maintains primary cell lines through procedures which may include passaging, cryopreservation, transfection and/or cloning.
- May be responsible for routine operational activities such as: ordering supplies and materials, reviewing inventory, maintaining up to date records of tests, etc. Preventative maintenance of equipment. Maintains and makes minor adjustments to equipment, e.g. calibrating, alignment.